Best of The Netherlands tours is responsible for the processing of personal data as explained in this privacy statement.
1 The personal data that we process
Best of The Netherlands tours processes your personal data when you use our services and / or when you provide this data to us yourself.
Below is a list of the personal data that we process:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- City, province/state, country
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Internet browser and device type
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example in correspondence or by telephone
- Information about your activities on our website
- Credit card number (see further under the section on Sharing personal data with third parties)
- IP address (see further under the section on Sharing personal data with third parties)
- Data about your surfing behavior across different websites (for example because this company is part of an advertising network)
2 Sensitive personal data that we process
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16. Unless they have permission from parents or guardian. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove this information.
3 For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
Best of The Netherlands tours processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Handling your payment
- To be able to call or email you if this is necessary to be able to perform our services
- To correspond about the services we provide to you
- We analyze your behavior on the website in order to improve the website and our range of services, and to improve the performance of our online advertisements
4 No Profiling (automated decision making)
Best of The Netherlands tours does not make decisions on matters that may have (significant) consequences for people based on automated processing. (These are decisions that are made by computer programs or systems, without a person (for example, an employee of Best of The Netherlands tours) being involved in the decision making).
5 Storage period of your personal data
Best of The Netherlands tours does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data were collected. We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the execution of the agreement that has come about because you have made the booking and paid for it, and as long as we are legally obliged (accounting and tax authorities).
6 Sharing of personal data with third parties
Best of The Netherlands tours does not sell, trade or rent personal data to third parties and will only provide this if this is necessary for the implementation of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. We have entered into a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf (Stripe and Google) to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. They will therefore not use the personal data for their own purposes. Best of The Netherlands tours remains responsible for these processes.
We may transfer personal data outside the EU if one of our Data Processors is located outside the EU. The personal data is only passed on to countries and / or parties that offer an adequate level of protection that meets European standards. Among other things, we check whether an organization outside the EU is included in the Privacy Shield list and whether the level of protection of the third country has been approved by the European Commission. More information about the Privacy Shield Program can be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
. Transmission of data outside the EU will always be in accordance with the Relevant Legislation (such as Chapter 5 of the GDPR
When processing bookings, we use Stripe (based in California, USA) to process payments to us. Your payment details will then be sent to Stripe via an encrypted connection. As a payment service provider, Stripe also has its own obligations with regard to your personal data. Stripe is therefore regarded as a Processor with regard to your personal data. Stripe uses and processes your payment details, such as the credit card number, in accordance with Stripe’s privacy statement
. Stripe is included in the Privacy Shield list
. Stripe uses and processes your IP address to prevent and combat credit card fraud.
We store the anonymized data that we ourselves need to process payments (such as the last 4 digits of the credit card number) in our Stripe account.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. This text file identifies your browser and / or computer.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are essential for the operation of our website. They enable you to navigate through our website and use the functions that are included.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are used to check the quality and effectiveness of the website. For example, we can see how many users visit the website and which pages are visited. We use Google Analytics for this and we use the information to improve our website and services. These analytic cookies do not infringe on your privacy.
- Tracking cookies: These are cookies that track your web surfing behavior. On your first visit to our website, we have already informed you about these cookies and have requested your permission to place them.
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information that has previously been saved via your browser settings.
The tracking cookies are used to improve the performance of our online advertisements by analyzing locations, demographic data and other information. This section is controlled from Google Analytics and is linked to a Google Ads account and Google Search Console account. Here too we respect the privacy of our customers and the users of the website. More information about how Google uses your data: How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services – Privacy & Terms
By clicking on “Accept all” you give us permission to place all cookies described above. If you choose “Accept customized settings” we will only place functional and analytical cookies.
8 Third party websites
9 How we protect your personal data
Best of The Netherlands tours takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. If you feel that your data is not properly protected or if there are indications of abuse, please contact us via email@example.com
What we do to prevent data breaches:
- This website uses encryption, which ensures that privacy-sensitive information can not be eavesdropped by third parties. This is shown with ‘https’ in the address bar and the green padlock next to it.
- The website is protected against unauthorized logging in, hacking and brute force attacks, including a firewall. The website software is regularly updated to the latest version.
10 Your rights and our contact details
As stated in the GDPR you have the right:
- to access a copy of your personal data that we process;
- to have your personal data corrected, checked or removed by us from our systems;
- to object to the processing of your personal data;
- to submit a complaint to your national data protection authority if you believe that we are processing your personal data unlawfully. A list of all national data protection authorities in the European Union can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
Contact details https://www.netherlands-tours.nl
Zwolsestraat 210, Den Haag, The Netherlands
Sietse Fritsma is the Data Protection Officer of Best of The Netherlands tour. He can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org